Finance Officer (Mostly Remote)
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day finance and accounting operations at Sunbird AI. The candidate will be responsible for collecting and recording financial data and ensuring that balances are maintained and are up-to-date.
We are looking for someone with experience in managing finances of non-profit or medium sized organizations.
This job is mostly remote, so we are interested in people who can self manage, are organized and can ably work with online finance systems.
Core skills and qualifications:
- Relevant degree and professional qualifications in accounting and finance.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software systems e.g. QuickBooks
- Computer literacy: Ability to work effectively online.
- Experience in finance management and practices in the non-profit sector.
Expected duties include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking day-to-day operations of the finance office
- Making entries to the accounting software systems and ensuring accuracy of the records
- Monitor invoices and payments
- Preparing payment requests for approval by the Line Manager
- Maintaining proper financial records and documentation
- Preparing and filing tax, and social security fund returns
- Generating monthly and quarterly financial statements/reports
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations and reporting discrepancies if any
- Assist in preparation of reports and information for annual audits
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Salary scale is dependent on experience, in the range USD 400-600 per month. For more experienced candidates, part-time commitments are possible within this same salary range.
Closing date: June 4, 2021.