SEE OUR VACANCIES BELOW
Be part of a team to develop and deploy practical, open AI systems. This role would involve all steps in the development of robust machine learning models including dealing with the constituent data processes, training, testing and validation, deployment of these models as well as maintenance of the deployed models.
We are looking for someone with practical machine learning model development experience who can produce good quality, reliable code, and has creative technical problem solving skills. Ability to write clear reusable Python code is a key requirement for this job. Knowledge of and experience with using machine learning platforms e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc is an added advantage.
We are also open to persons being based in a different location with periodic travel to Uganda. We prefer candidates with extensive experience of the African context.
These are the required skills for this role:
- Python (with data processing libraries, e.g. NumPy, pandas)
- Machine learning (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, scikit-learn)
- Software engineering workflows (e.g. testing, version control, documentation, issue tracking and maintenance)
- Problem solving skills.
Extra experience which would be an advantage:
- IoT and embedded hardware
- Natural language processing
- Mobile app development
- Online data visualisation
- (For candidates proposing to work remotely) Experience of working independently from a remote location.
Salary scale is dependent on experience, in the range USD 800-1200 per month
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.