SEE OUR VACANCIES BELOW
The Communications Officer acts as a communications advisor and focal point, increasing the visibility of Sunbird AI activities and projects in Uganda. The Communications Officer participates in developing and implementing the communication plan associated with Sunbird AI communication strategy; organizes communications and public events; and develops communications products intended to share the results of research projects and activities. In addition, the incumbent will support the Policy and Engagement team to ensure consistent implementation of key elements of the business development plan as well as policy engagement issues and efforts.
- Researches and analyses technical, social, economic, environmental, institutional, and technology related information, data and statistics and/or related policy issues to support internal and/or external communication.
- Produces a variety of information and reports as well as input for communication-related documents and web pages.
- Drafting different documents (small note, meeting minutes, etc.) and providing support to the Policy and Engagement Unit.
- Assisting in the organization of meetings, conferences, and visits.
- Manages Sunbird AI social media activities.
- Creating and/or updating presentations and ensuring that the brand guidelines are respected.
CORE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed degree in the field of communication, journalism, marketing, popularization of science, with considerable experience in the field of research and/or international development or other relevant fields
- At least 2 years in a similar communication/marketing position
- Proficiency in English. A working knowledge of French would be advantageous.
- Very good MS Office knowledge (Word, Power Point and Excel in particular)
- Good communicator with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to write/edit in a deadline-driven environment.
The application should include a CV and a cover letter of a maximum 1 page outlining your suitability for the job post. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and therefore early applications are strongly encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 31 March 2022.